Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday, August 28

So I haven't written in a bit, I've been finding several ways to occupy my time. The shows have been running perfectly, drawing in big crowds and keeping them laughing. Hamlet is by far more fun to do than Richard III, and it's a better show, so we're saving that for our bigger crowds, and using Richard to warm up in the mornings.

When we're not doing our shows, we've got something we call "Mud Statues" which is a blast to do. We cover ourselves in about an inch thick layer of mud and pose motionless in the lanes. When someone drops money into our basket, we move around a bit, either entertaining or scaring the crap out of whoever tipped us, depending on if they knew we were real or not. Also, we've been going around covered in mud, offering free hugs to whoever, and offering one dollar mud insurance. (If you pay us the dollar, we will not hug you whatsoever.) It's been a blast.

As far as during the week, when the festival isn't going on, I've been occupying my time by playing NES roms, (Almost beat Dr. Mario, two more levels to go!) and drawing cartoons. (You'll find some cartoons as well as new pics in the photobucket account. http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/thornyren/)

Anyway, I'll be around, feel free to drop me a comment or call me during the week, or come say hi at the mudshow itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I join you? It sounds like a dream come true.

So often in the drone of school do I find that my mind has wondered to be around the minstrels and faeries, to flit along side those in costume and persue more enjoyable things.

If you see my imagination in the lanes, will you tell it that I wish I could be there, too?

Love ya, boy! Glad you're having a good time! You were made for this!